This page will help you to prepare and submit your full paper for the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe Conference.
The deadline to upload your full paper is: Monday, the 20th
5th of June 2017!
Full papers presented at EPE 2017 ECCE Europe will be included in IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, EPE 2017 ECCE Europe has registered for the use of IEEE PDF eXpress™. This feature will help you to either check whether the PDF-file of your full paper is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function), or it will help you to create an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file (conversion function). No other format will be accepted!
TIP: Use IEEE Xplore® to convert your source file, rather than to check it!
After having converted your full paper into an IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF, or after having checked it, you must upload your full paper into the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe submission system for inclusion in the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe-Proceedings. This requires that you have registered for the conference and that your payment was received. Hence, we strongly recommend that you pay by Credit Card!
The IEEE Xplore® requirements for PDF are in effect since December 2008. Every full paper submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore® and in the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe-Proceedings must therefore correspond with the IEEE Xplore® PDF-specifications for compatibility.
Steps to create and submit your EPE 2017 ECCE Europe full paper:
1. Write your paper according to the instructions stated below. Keep the eventual comments from the reviewers and topic chairs about your synopsis in mind.
2. Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to create an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file (PDF conversion function) or use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to check whether your PDF-file is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function).
3. Register and pay for the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe Conference. We advise to do this well on time and we strongly recommend to pay by credit card!
4. Upload your full paper, the IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF-file, into the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe submission system.
5a. If you are the author as well as the presenter of the paper, please complete the “I will be a speaker” part of the submission system, or;
5b. If you are the author, but not the presenter of the paper, please motivate the person who will present the paper to register for the conference and to complete the “I will be a speaker”-part of the submission system.
Step 1. Write your EPE 2017 ECCE Europe Paper:
Formatting Instructions for the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe-Proceedings:
Step 2. Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to convert or check your full paper
IEEE Xplore® / IEEE eXpress™
1. Write your full paper. Don’t forget to take into account the reviewer’s and/or topic chair’s comments which you (eventually) received in the notification e-mail. The full paper must be written in English.
2. You may use the MS Word (.docx)
3. Finalize and proofread your full paper. Check the lay-out of the full paper according to the formatting guidelines BEFORE
you start using IEEE PDF e
4. Create your IEEE PDF e
™ account at http://www.pdf-express.org
using the Conference ID: 37486X
Useful information about how to access and use IEEE PDF eXpress™ is also available here: Using IEEE PDF eXpress™
Use IEEE PDF e
™ at http://www.pdf-express.org
to convert your source file(s) or to check your PDF-file. The result will be sent to you by e-mail.
Specifications for the Electronic File Format of the EPE 2017 ECCE Europe Proceedings:
The full paper MUST be submitted as an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file.
Each PDF for IEEE Xplore® must have all of these characteristics:
1. Be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but NOT
2. Must be created with a PDF distiller
. Scanning is not permitted.
3. Embeds or subsets all fonts. Doing so helps to make sure that the mathematics appear as intended and improves text searching in the PDF. Please note some TrueType fonts have a setting added by the font designer that prevents the font from being embedded and should be avoided.
4. Does not have a password or any other security settings.
5. Does not contain any bookmarks or links. Links are supported now only
by using a summary.txt, readme file, and a packing list. They appear in the IEEE Xplore® TOC as multimedia.
6. Does not contain crop marks, registration marks, date stamp, time stamp, or any other mark that does not appear in the official version of the publication.
7. Does not contain any PostScript that overrides the settings file.
8. Does not use PDF attachments.
9. Does not consist of a PDF Package or Merged PDF, a PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) feature.
In addition to the requirements above all PDF files must be text searchable. PDF text searching is a requirement because it improves discoverability online and electronically.
The best way to ensure this is if the PDF contains embedded fonts. Doing so also helps ensure that the mathematics appear correctly. Such fonts must use one of the following standard PDF font encodings:
MacRoman or Roman
WinAnsi or Ansi
MacExpert or Expert
If using Acrobat version 5, please see creating and checking PDFs to check the font encoding. Otherwise, PDF files can be checked by viewing the Fonts tab of the Document Properties screen in Acrobat.
PDF files created with TeX, LaTeX, and PostScript Type 3 fonts are generally not searchable. So it is best to use these fonts only when necessary. However, text created with TeX or LaTeX is usually searchable in PDF format.
Instructions for files compatible with Acrobat 9.X (PDF 1.7, Adobe Extension Level 3):
Files created in “PDF 1.7, Adobe Extension Level 3” (Acrobat 9.x) or similar format must be saved as PDF 1.4 thru 1.7 (Acrobat 5 thru 8). PDF version 1.6 (Acrobat 7) is the recommended viewer (reader) for IEEE Xplore®. In all other ways “PDF 1.7, Adobe Extension Level 3” (Acrobat 9.x) or similar files must meet the other requirements contained in this document.
These are the minimum requirements for IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-files.
We strongly advise that you use http://www.pdf-express.org to convert your source file(s).
More information can be found in the following documents:
If you do not want to use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to convert your source file(s), but only to check your PDF-file, use the appropriate Xplore_distiller-file to help you to create the PDF-file: Click here.
The full paper should not exceed ten (10) A4-pages and the file size may not exceed 3 Megabyte.
Paper title, headings and body text should be written in Times New Roman, formulas in SYMBOLS – MS Equation Format – MathType Format. A special care should be taken for countries that use special fonts: double byte fonts (Asian countries), East European fonts, etc… Make sure that all fonts are embedded.
All graphics must be inserted in the PDF document. Graphics, pictures and other non-text elements could increase unnecessarily the file size. To avoid this, graphics must be prepared at the right size and color depth before including them into the final document. Avoid cropping or other distortion to ensure a good printing quality of your document. The use of JPG or GIF format is the best solution to decrease the total file size of your document.
CCITT Group 4
Steps 3-4-5: Register for EPE 2017 ECCE Europe, Pay and Upload your paper
Before you are able to upload your full paper, you must register and pay for the conference and your payment must have been received. Only then the upload-possibility will be set available to you. Therefore, we strongly advise to pay by Credit Card. If you pay by any of the other means, such as wire transfer, the upload-possibility will become only available when the money has been received. You then will be informed about this by e-mail, but be aware that wire transfers can take time and that the deadline is approaching fast!
To register for the conference, click HERE, log in, click “Register” and follow the procedure.
If you are the author as well as the presenter of the paper, do not forget to complete the “I will be a speaker” part of the submission system.
If you are the author, but not the presenter of the paper, please motivate the person who will present the paper to register for the conference and to complete the “I will be a speaker”-part of the submission system.
EPE 2017 ECCE Europe: Author’s Kit - Downloads:
Download the documents